Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet http://miyyahatkertas.blogspot.com/

Salam :)

I always love the pretty papers
pretty note books
pretty stamps
and adding up today
pretty paper craft

meet miss miyyah the owner of :


mind blowing and super talented lady
her work is always neat
i love how she blended the color of the papers

_______________________________________


1. what is your definition of 'happiness'
Happiness to me is to do things that you love, and love things that you do, and be blessed in doing it. :)

2. what inspire you to make beautiful designs
I got inspired from everything around me. I'm a quiller, so everytime I look at something beautiful, the first thing that came to mind was - can I quill this? (I see almost everything in swirly mode!) I also have this habit of snapping pictures of everything that inspires me. I remember going to a dinner one day and instead of taking pictures of everyone, I ended up taking more pictures of what they're wearing (with a "Hey! I could quill this!). Even my phone is full of weird pictures - from kitchen utensils to book covers to children's gowns (I personally think chidren's clothes are some of the most-inspired colour combinations ever!).

3. can you please list down 5 fav things of yours
- my laptop
- my portable hard disk
- my tons of papers
- my phone
- my handmade idea book

4. what is your hope and dream for the future
I just wish to inspire people.

5. what is your way to live life everyday
I don't want regrets so I'm enjoying every single day of my life. Love yourself first, then only others will be able to love you. Even if something goes wrong, it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. Allah gives us rain, not only to have rainbows afterward, but for us to enjoy the beauty of the rain itself. :)

And here's the link to 5 of my memorable designs:

P1000485 copy
I made this with the thought of the carriage that took Cinderella to the ball. The colour combination was simply a reminder of how people always perceived Cinderella as a happily-ever-after fairy tale. At that time, I had just finished reading on the origins of classic fairy tales and telling tales from different point of view, so I was totally  inspired by that

Photo 013 copy
There should be a tree in my garden that could grow lollipops and marshmallows and sweets - and I made the card thinking exactly that. :P Months later, a friend went to South Korea and found a real-life multi-coloured tree that reminds her of this card. She couldn't help but snap a picture to tell me about it. I was beyond excited!

Picture 028 copy
There should be a tree in my garden that could grow lollipops and marshmallows and sweets - and I made the card thinking exactly that. :P Months later, a friend went to South Korea and found a real-life multi-coloured tree that reminds her of this card. She couldn't help but snap a picture to tell me about it. I was beyond excited!

Pic 002 copy
This is a simple card that has ME written all over it. :P. I don't know how to explain, but I simply love everything about this card. I love shades of green, I love black, I love swirls, and I love the simplicity of it.

Pic 028 copy
This is my first altered-album, and my first try at quilling on other types of materials than the usual paper that I normally use. (yes, I love repetitive patterns!)

Hope that's enough! :)

_________________________________________

what a lovely dat to just look at miyyah's art
:) tq hun ! goodluck in life and beyond
i am so glad to have you around me
hehehe
see ya around
InsyaAllah

xoxo
fliffy