Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meet Mandy from http://ourstory2011.blogspot.com/

Salam :)

For the month of February, meet Mandy as my selected digi scrapper !
her works are amazingly gorgeous and i am happy to have her at my blog.. hehe

_____________________________

1. Can you introduce yourself and how did you get involve in digital scrapbooking ?
My name is Mandi. I’m from Lynchburg VA and I live with my husband, Eric, and our almost 4 year old daughter, Rylee. By day I’m a travel agent, studying to be a CNA… by night I love being a mom, wife, cook, photographer, and digital scrapbooker!

2. What inspire you to make layout and what is your style in digital scrapbooking ?
My daughter’s birth first inspired me to start digital scrapbooking in 2007 and since then my style has changed so many times. Right now, I like smaller clusters, the minimalistic look, and journaling. I finally decided that I wanted my pages to be more than just pictures and pretty elements so I’m now trying to journaling about those memories on my pages in addition to the pictures and elements!

3. What CT you are currently with and how you manage to do it all ?
I guess technically I’m not on any CTs at the moment. I dropped them all last year when I realized I was scrapping for them and not my family or myself. I am an admin at Sunshine Studio Scraps… in charge of the CT and the newsletter but that doesn’t really count as a creative team. I’m looking though, and I’ve applied for a few so *fingers crossed*

4. Can you share us 5 your most fav layouts and why ?
Hmmm 5 and why: 

Starting with Most Recent:

Took me a while to do this layout, but I’m very happy with the result and the way each letter of my daughter’s name describes her. Perfect for her book!
Rylee2-copy80

link to layout is here

It’s the story of my daughter’s name… what’s not to love?? I also love this kit!
What_s-in-a-name

link to layout is here

A page for me. An honest page using song lyrics that I love.
Free-to-be-Me-2

link to layout is here

This is my one little word page for 2011. This LO represents what I’d like to focus on this year.
save3

link to layout is here

Simple page, used as a Christmas gift for the grandparents… it’s a summary of pictures from our family during 2010.
twenty_ten

link to layout is here

5. What is happiness means to you and how your way to spend a perfect day ?
Happiness is family. Therefore the perfect day for me would be to spend time doing something fun, and out of the ordinary with them. The beach, lake, a boat… something different!

______________________________

Thanks a lot for doing these with me :) Mandy

i hope we all can be inspired by Mandy's style
i just love when you play with a lot of layering and framing
it makes me smiles every time !

read more at her blog, ok :O)

xoxo