Saturday, February 12, 2011

Meet http://www.ashleysisk.com/

Salam :)
weekend is finally here
let's be inspired by
and get personal with the owner , Ashley
I am falling in love with her blog because of the tutorials and inspiring photo challenges categories
and many more !

Ashley is very sweet to share us some very good tips on photography
______________________________________________________________

1. Can you tell me about yourself ?

My name is Ashley Sisk. I married my best friend on October 17, 2009. Shortly after our wedding, I decided that I needed a hobby. I've always enjoyed taking pictures and found myself pretty good at editing pictures from my point and shoot, so I bought my first DSLR in November 2009. Last year, I started Ramblings and Photos. As a result of blogging, I re-discovered my creative spirit, enhanced my photography and editing skills and made some incredible friends. As of November 2010, I upgraded to the Canon 7D and will soon be opening my own Etsy Print Shop.

2. What made you fall in love with photography ?

Gosh – I don’t know. I do know that I’ve always loved the arts. My mom has quite a creative spirit herself so I spent most of my childhood doing arts and crafts. In high school, I was encouraged to further explore some creative outlets, so I took a photography course as part of my studies. I also took journalism and a basic art course. In college, I wasn’t able to take many art courses without being an art major, but I was able to take a basic graphic design course. Between those four things (photography, journalism, art and graphic design), I feel that it’s made me a better photographer. I just love that I can see beauty in everyday objects – photography allows me to capture a moment forever.

3. Can you please list down 5 tools that are essential for a photographer?

Great question – there are really TWO major essentials and a few nice to haves. 
  • Obviously, a camera and I don’t think you have to have a DSLR…but if you’re serious about photography, you should eventually upgrade to one.
  • Editing software – I personally own Photoshop Elements 7 (can be purchased for under $100) and Adobe CS5 Creative Suite (full photoshop). There are some great free tools like GIMP, Picnik and Picassa…I’ve also heard really great things about Lightroom. Whatever the case, you’ve gotta have something!
Nice to Haves
  •  A prime lens such as the Canon 50mm f/1.8 or Nikon 35mm f/1.8 – these are great lens because you have a much wider aperture than most kit lenses. In fact, don’t buy the kit lens…you won’t use it once you really know how to use your camera.
  • Tripod – it’s a nice to have because it’s not necessary but it definitely helps if you like macro photography, long-exposures or self portraits. I have a fairly inexpensive one that I bought with a kit (another thing I want to upgrade), but it does the trick.
  • Remote Trigger – I have recently started enjoying self portraits so if you’re like me and want to get in front of the camera from time to time, a remote trigger makes your life so much easier…unless you just enjoy running to your position within 10 seconds.
  • External Flash – this is seriously a luxury item. You should learn how to shoot with natural lighting but during the winter months, I find that having an external flash (I use the Canon Speedlite 430 EXII) really helps. Whatever you do, don’t use your pop up flash! 
4.     What are the basic requirements should a newbie has to be a photographer?

A willingness to learn and a lot of patience. If you want to learn anything, you have to spend a lot of time reading and practicing. Carry your camera with you EVERYWHERE – I seriously mean this. Mine is with me 90% of the time. Learn how to shoot in natural light and practice practice practice.

5. Can you please show us your most memorable photos and why?



Flowers in the Fairy Garden by Ashley Sisk
This photo was selected by the Pioneer Woman as a favorite - I was over the moon to have this photo selected...I felt like I'd made it! 


Stone Girls111 bw-rs
I took this photo for a Christmas card last year - it just makes me happy!


IMG_0641 copy bw-RS
 I was asked last fall if I would photograph a wedding reception right after Christmas...this was one of the photos from that session and I love everything about it. 


Kitty Paw Snarl RS
this is my absolute favorite picture of Kitty Paw! The expression on her face is priceless. 

____________________________________________________________


You made my day Ashley
i will keep coming back to your blog
and your tips is worth to share

xoxo
i am feeling happiness is the air !